Olive and Feta Cheese Borek Recipe
Olive and Feta Cheese Borek Recipe - A great Middle Eastern Food, Borek, Dough and filling recipe topped with sesame seeds. The filling has olives, feta cheese, red pepper paste, and choice of herbs, oregano, basil.
1) In a mixing bowl add the melted butter and oil and mix together well.
2) Then add the yogurt and mix well.
3) In another mixing bowl add the flour and baking powder and mix together.
4) Combine the wed ingredients with the dry ingredients
5) Add flour as needed, until dough is no longer sticky.
6) Prepare the filling, with hot pepper paste, feta cheese, black olives and choice of herb, oregano, basil, etc.
7) Seperate the dough into 45 equal pieces.
8) On a clean floured surfaced, roll out a ball of dough, take a scoop of filling and put in the center of the dough.
9) Pull sides together and form into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet. Then press down with your hand to slightly flatten the balls
10) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
11) Brush eggwash all over the balls and sprinkle sesame seeds ontop.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4+ cups flour
- 1/2 pound feta cheese
- 4 to 5 tablespoons, hot pepper paste
- 1 can black olives, drained and chopped or halved
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil