Omelet with Ground Beef
Another homemade family favorite omelet recipe or scramble. For years I have made this recipe and is usually eaten with several slices of fresh garlic, and pita bread. Back in the country no utensils were used, the pita bread was our fork. Just a little bit of history on this dish. Really simple to make with just a few ingredients you create a complete meal. With the vegetables, meat and eggs. For weight watchers or for those on low calorie food diet, use less beef and also use extra lean ground beef.
1) In a frying pan, add the vegetable oil and saute the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, mix in the garlic, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, jalapeno(optional) Cook until tender and soft.
2) Add the ground beef and break it into small pieces and cook until browned well.
3) Beat the eggs and pour over the cooked ground meat mixture.
4) Place a cover and allow the eggs to cook and set for around 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
5) Omelet with ground beef is ready to serve! Enjoy!
*NOTE - Serve with sliced raw garlic and pita bread! There are so many great Omelet ideas and I would love it if you share a recipe with me. What is your favorite Omelet Recipe?
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 eggs - scrambled
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 3 tablespoon red bell pepper -Finely Chopped
- 3 tablespoon green pepper - Finely Chopped
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- jalapeno (optional) Diced
- 1 pound lean ground beef