Pasta alla Formiana
Pasta alla Formiana Giada De Laurentiis Recipe Food Network Italian Recipes. Giada De Laurentiis makes this basic Italian Recipe called Pasta Alla formiana. The lovely part of this recipe, you can add saute mushrooms, sausage, even some cheese. Instead of using oregano, try dry or even fresh basil. Its easy to put together and pop it into the oven.
1) Place the oven rack to the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Also using a baking dish (8x8 inch) Butter well.
2) Add the garlic, crushed tomatoes into a food processor. Blend together well.
3) Pour the tomato sauce mixture into a large mixing bowl with the uncooked pasta. Season with salt, and black pepper to taste, and sprinkle the oregano and pour in 1/3 cup olive oil. Toss all the ingredients together and get them all coated well.
4) With the greased baking dish, line the bottom and sides with tomato then pour the pasta mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
5) After filling up the dish with all the pasta, cover the top completely with slices of tomato.
6) Pour a little bit of olive oil on top and bake in the oven for about 1 hour, or until the tomatoes are a little crispy and the pasta is fully cooked.
7) After removing from the oven, allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Butter, for greasing dish
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) penne or other small pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dried oregano
- 4 to 5 large tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
|Chicken Tetrazzini||Where was Chicken Tetrazzini orginated?|