Perfect Spinach & Eggs Breakfast Recipes
Perfect Healthy Recipes, with Spinach and eggs, onion garlic, salt to taste, truly delicious. Beat the eggs instead of keeping them sunny side up and make the recipe into a Fritatta or an omelet. Try it for breakfast, lunch or even dinner! A great addition to your healthy diet. Either leave the eggs whole or scramble them into the spinach. Can be served for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great quick recipe for the vegetarian egg eaters out there also.
1) If using fresh spinach, wash very well and chop, in a pot with 1/4 cup water for 3 to 4 minutes, then allow to cool and squeeze the excess water out completely. For the frozen spinach, no need to wash, again in a pot add the 1/4 cup water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, cool and squeeze the excess water.
2) In a large frying pan, pour the olive oil, and the onions and saute until browned.
3) Add the garlic, and the spinach and cook for 3 minutes. Mix together well.
4) Sprinkle black pepper, salt and crushed red pepper to taste.
5) Spread the spinach mixture flat on the frying pan.
6) Crack all 4 eggs onto the spinach.
7) Can cook the eggs sunny side up or incorporate them into the spinach for a scrambled egg. Also you can beat the eggs and pour it over the spinach like an omelette.
8) Cover with a lid until eggs are cooked.
9) Serve and Enjoy!
- 3 lbs of fresh spinach or 1 lbs of frozen spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- crushed red pepper or chili pepper to taste [optional]
- 2 large onions - finely chopped
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- salt to taste