Pita Pizza Recipe
Pita Pizza Recipe
I love this pita bread pizza, there are so many variations, this is only one of my favorites. As our busy lives dictate our eating habits. I sometimes want to eat something tasty but without spending too much time preparing it. Enter the Pita Pizza. The bread can be bought from most supermarkets. The ingredients are simple and the taste is amazing. This variation is a 3 cheese pizza with a few spices and olive oil, a few minutes in the oven and walla! you have yourself a satisfying quick meal.
A simplified variation for a tasty easy homemade pita pizza
The Pita Bread Pizza Recipe directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1) Using your favorite Pita (whole grain or regular) sprinkle a little feta cheese, Mozarella, Parmesan.
2) Top with your favorite herbs like Basil, Oregano, or Mint. This can be either fresh herbs or dried.
3) For extra color or to make the pizza spicy add cayenne pepper or paprika.
4) Extra virgin olive oil can be drizzled before cooking or after.
5) Place the pita on a cookie sheet or a sheet of foil and put in the preheated oven.
6) Cook in the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until all the cheese has melted. For a crispier pita bread cook closer to 10 minutes, and for a less crispy pizza cook for no more than 7 minutes. You will know the pizza is done, when you see the cheese starts to bubble a little. Put it under the broiler for a minute to give it a golden brown color.
The fun part of making your own pizza at home, you can get creative with it, and place all the different types of cheeses and vegetables you like. (cooking time may need to be adjusted if you are adding more vegetables etc. ) Your kids will also love making these pita pizzas, its easy to do, and the outcome is always fabulous! Now go and enjoy making your own variations of this yummy kitchen tested treat. Enjoy!
You might also like
Lahmajoun a popular mini pizza recipe that I've adapted to my quick pizza needs. Give it a try!
- feta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- pita bread
- basil, mint, or oregano (fresh or dried)
- cayenne pepper or paprika pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
|Frozen to Gourmet Pizzeria Pizza||Frozen Pizza Transformed into The Special Found at a Gourmet Pizzeria|