Quick Tips: How To Make Buttermilk
How Do You Make Buttermilk?
How To Make Buttermilk Substitute - Running low on Buttermilk? Does your recipe call for buttermilk and you do not have any in the fridge? This is a quick fix and substitute to have buttermilk in just 5 mintues. Although its not the authentic buttermilk that we purchase from the market, but still does get the job done. It may not be as tangy as well. In this quick tip video tutorial Vera demonstrates how simple it is to make a fast and easy buttermilk substitute. Buttermilk is used in a wide variety of recipes, like buttermilk biscuits, marinating chicken, used in many sauce recipes like Alfredo sauce. Just to name a few. Make sure to check out our easy to follow recipes on the website using buttermilk.
This is the way I make buttermilk now share with us how do you make buttermilk.
1) In a cup or measuring cup, pour in 1 cup of milk. (Whole Milk)
2) Add 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 2 tablespoon lemon juice. (Fresh lemon juice not out of the bottle)
3) Mix together well and set aside for about 5 minutes at room temperature.
4) Ready to incorporate into your favorite recipes.
How Do you make your buttermilk? is there any other way that you would recommend? Or is this the way you make it too.
For me this recipe has worked very well and I use it in many of my recipes.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.