Recipe For Pico De Gallo Salsa
Here is the recipe for Pico De Gallo Salsa. After getting my friends Linda and Nancy have asked me to make this recipe about a million times already, I decided to share this recipe, which is no secret, but I guess if you make something with love it always tastes so much better.
In this how to make Salsa and Pico de gallo Salsa video, I hope you give it a try as it is very simple. Although it is well known as a dip, it is also perfect on eggs, and an assortment of other recipes, including fish. Can be stored in the fridge covered for up to a week. If you are in a rush, and do not want to take the time in chopping up all the ingredients, you can place it all in the blender or food processor and give it several pulses, it will not be as chunky and you might actually prefer it that way. I would add the cilantro at the end, and chop it yourself, dont let the blender make your salsa green. Make it as spicy or mild as you like by adding peppers of your choice. And if you do not have Roma tomatoes, it is not a problem, use any tomatoes that you have or is in season it will work as well. Try it with the home made tortilla chips recipe here on the site.
Pico De Gallo Salsa is also known as Salsa Mexicana and Fresca Salsa.
Homemade Pico De Gallo Salsa
1) Chop all the vegetables.
2) Add the vegetables into a large bowl.
3) Squeeze in the lime juice.
4) Coarsley chop the cilantro and add to the bowl.
5) Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
6) Mix all the vegetables together.
7) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for atleast 30 minutes. Refrigerating it is necessary so that all the ingredients marinate with each other.
Note: Can be made ahead of time before a party, and it will be very popular as it is so very good.
- 4 to 5 Roma Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime juice
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste