Rice Pilaf with Lamb & Apricots Recipe
Rice Pilaf with Lamb & Apricots Recipe - Either with Basmati Rice or Long Grain rice this side dish recipe is fabulous. In cooking up this recipe use either lamb or beef. The lamb is cooked in a sauce pot with water and bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste. Later it is incorporated to the rice with the apricots. Its not complicated to do and its a great presentation on your dining table.
1) Heat the olive oil and melt the butter in a large sauce pot.
2) Add the onions and saute until translucent and soft.
3) Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute with the onion.
4) Cook the lamb in a pot with a bay leaf and water covering the lab. For about 15 to 20 minutes.
5) Add the rice to the onion mixture and coat with the oil.
6) Pour the chicken broth or stock onto the rice, cook for 10 minutes.
7) Add the lamb cook for another 10 minutes, until the rice is tender.
8) Add the apricots and dates and cook an additional 5 minutes.
9) Turn heat off, and allow to rest 5 minutes. Mix in the rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
10) Place into a platter or dish and serve!
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups long grain basmati or long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, heated
- 2 cups cubed cooked lamb
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 or 2 bay leaf