Rice Pilaf with Turkey, Chickpeas, Black Beans Recipe
Rice Pilaf with Turkey, Chickpeas, Black Beans Recipe - Basmati Rice Pilaf with black beans, and herbs and spices.
1) In a large sauce pot heat the extra virgin olive oil.
2) Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3) Mix in the coriander, turmeric cayenne pepper, and cumin powder and stir around with the garlic for another 1 or 2 minutes.
4) Add the basmati rice or long grain rice and mix with the garlic and spices.
5) Pour the chicken broth or stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
6) Lower the heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
7) Meanwhile cook the turkey on a skillet or fry pan until golden brown and cooked.
8) Once the rice is done, mix in the cooked turkey, garbanzo beans or chickpeas, black beans, cilantro, parsley and pine nuts.
9) Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
10) Allow the rice to settle for 5 minutes, then place into serving platter or dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste