Roasted Onion Dip
Caramelized Onion Dip - How To Make Onion Dip
Serve this dip with pita chips (recipe available on site) and vegetables (carrots sticks). It is recommended to make this dip a day in advance so that all the ingredients flavors meld together. Perfect for a potluck or party, this caramelized onion dip will be a sure hit. So if you ever wondered how to make onion dip then this is a great recipe to give a try.
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the onion and coat well with the extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3) Take a large piece of foil place on a baking sheet, and put all the onion on it.
4) Then take the garlic head and remove some of the papery outer layer off, (do not peel) Place the garlic head on a piece of foil and wrap it all around and place the garlic head on the baking tray with the onions. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
5) Remove the baking tray from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. After, chop the onions.
6) Separate the garlic cloves and squeeze out the roasted garlic pulp.
7) In a mixing bowl, add the garlic, chopped onions, sour cream, parsley, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt (or to taste).
8) Mix together well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2 large onions, Vidalia or sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole garlic head
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped