Scotch Eggs Recipe
Scotch Eggs Recipe - Recipe For Scotch Eggs
What a fabulous way to present eggs at a party, all wrapped up with a seasoned sausage. Looks great on the platter, and will go fast at any gathering. Perfect by a salad for a light dinner. This recipe for Scotch Eggs, is easy to make and follow.
NOTE: Boiled Eggs: In a saucepan place the eggs and cover with water. Place the saucepan on medium high heat and bring to a boil, once the water comes to a boil turn heat off immediately. Allow to stand in the hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Carefully remove from hot water and allow to cool completely. Peel the shell off the eggs.
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the pork sausage, flour, salt, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce and mix well into the sausage.
2. Seperate the sausage mixture into four equal parts.
3. Mold each sausage mixture part around the peeled hard boiled eggs. Roll between hands to shape. Sometimes have a small plate with a little water helps in the molding process, dip your fingers in the water to reduce stickiness.
4. In two separate dishes beat one egg in one, and place the bread crumbs in another.
5. Roll the ball into the beaten egg then roll into the bread crumbs. Shake off any excess bread crumbs.
6. In a large saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (180 degress C). Lower the ball carefully into the hot oil.
7. Fry in the hot oil for 5 minutes, turn as needed, until golden brown.
- 1 pound pork sausage meat or sausage of choice
- for less greasy version you can add 1/2 pound ground turkey and 1/2 pound pork sausage.
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hard cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup dry plain bread crumbs
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
|Crock Pot Pulled Pork Recipe||Pulled Pork recipe!|