Seven Spice Recipe - Baharat
How to make SEVEN SPICES (BAHARAT in Arabic). This spice is available at any of your Middle Eastern Grocery stores and markets. But if you want to save money or simply want to make your own, this is the recipe for you. Seven Spice Baharat can be used on just about every meat, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, fish or mix it into your favorite stews etc. Also there is nothing like making your own gifts by bottling this spice into beautiful bottles and decorate them in creative different ways.
1) In spice coffee grinder, add the black pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and cardamon.
2) Blend well in the grinder until a fine powder.
3) Place in a air tight container and store where you place your spices.
What recipe are you planning on using Baharat seven spice with?
Here are a couple more seasoning mixes
For our complete list of spice mixes visit the Spice Recipes Homepage
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom