Shrimp Alfredo Sauce Pasta
Easy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta Recipe - Using store bough Alfredo sauce, cuts down the cooking time, and is a quick fix for dinner. The family wont even know that it is store bought, as the combination of flavors would make this recipe thought that it was ordered from an Italian Restaurant.
1) Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, al dente.
2) After the pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
3) While the pasta is cooking, heat a saucepan with the olive oil and butter.
4) Add the onion and cook the until soft and translucent.
5) Add the garlic, mushroom, red pepper and mix. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat.
6) Place the shrimp into the onion mixture and cook until it turns pink.
7) Pour in the store bough Alfredo sauce, cream, Romano cheese or parmessan cheese.
8) Cook until the sauce is thickened about 3 to 5 minutes.
9) Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste, and for a spicy kick the cayenne pepper. (optional)
10) Mix in the pasta to the alfredo sauce, or serve on top of the pasta.
11) Garnish with parsley and serve!
*NOTE - Store bought Alfredo Sauce, tends to have a lot of sodium (Salt), make sure to taste the sauce and season accordingly.
- 12 ounces penne pasta or pasta or choice.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced or roasted red bell pepper
- 1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (garnish)