Smooth Black Bean Dip
Black Bean Dip - Black Bean Dip Recipe
Wow! What a dip, with caramelized onions, makes this black bean dip recipe finger licking good! Try it with your favorite tortilla chips, Pita chips or even vegies. Do not want to run to the store to get the chips, well we have both those recipes available here on the site. Not only are they easy to make they will save you a pretty penny, instead of paying an arm and leg at the grocery store. This recipe is super great to present to your guests, they will finish it all up in no time. So you may want to make a second batch if you are having a large crowd. This dip recipe is also great for the family night in. It is also healthy. You can also spice it up with some cayenne pepper. Do not over season with salt, remember that most store bought chips have plenty of salt already on them. 1/2 teaspoon for the entire batch should be plenty. Hope you give it a try and please do let us know by dropping us a comment below. Enjoy!
1) Take a large skillet (preferrably non stick) and heat up the oil.
2) Add the onions and saute until caramelized, about 15 minutes on medium heat.
3) Bring out your food processor and add the rinsed and drained black beans, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper, and the caramelized onions.
4) Process together until the mixture is smooth.
5) Taste if the mixture needs salt and season with salt according to what you like.
6) Serve if your serving bowl, and sprinkle with chopped parsley to garnish.
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
- salt to taste