Southern Apple Tuna Salad
Southern Apple Tuna Salad Recipe with fresh dill. The crunch of the apple in this fantastic salad brings out an amazing flavor. Try it with bread or lettuce its just fresh and perfect for a hot summer day or quick meal.
1) Drain the tuna water in the sink.
2) Place the tuna in a mixing bowl and flake.
3) Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, onion, relish, apple, dill.
4) Mix together well.
5) Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
6) Its best refrigerated for several hours or even overnight. But ofcourse it can be served immediately. Enjoy!
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, or more if needed
- 1 small apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1/4 small onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed preferably fresh
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste