Southern Comfort Homestyle Fried Potatoes "Home Fries"
1) In a large frying pan on high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil.
2) Place the already cut potatoes into the frying pan.
3) Sprinkle Black Pepper, Cayenne Pepper[Optional] and Salt to taste.
4) Mix together to get all the spices on the rest of the potatoes.
5) Spread as evenly as possible in the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
6) Check to see if the bottom of the potatoes are getting golden brown.
7) Gently mix and spread again evenly and continue this process until the potatoes are fully cooked.
8) Toss in the garlic and cook with the potatoes for another 2 minutes and serve.
*NOTE - This recipe is the basics of making Home Fries. There are so many different variations. For Example, add your favorite herbs, rosmary, oregano, basil. Even chopping up some fine onions, or green onions, jalapenos etc.
*NOTE - Add the Garlic just before the potatoes are fully cooked. As if add them early they will turn brown and get hard.
*NOTE - Any oil that you prefer to use instead of extra virgin olive oil. For instance vegetable oil, peanut oil, or any cooking oil will work fine.
- Potato - 6 Count - Medium - Cut Into Bite Size
- Olive Oil - 3 to 4 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 5 Clove - Sliced
- Cayenne Pepper - To Taste [Optional]
- Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - To Taste