Spanakopita Recipe is a Greek Spinach Pie Recipe that is a family favorite. The beauty of this Spinach pie recipe is that it is simple and easy to make and when you serve it no one will think that it was so easy to prepare. Yes it is a little messy with the mixing of the ingredients but you can use a food mixer and it won't be that messy. But you will have to clean the food mixer.
Spanakopita Recipe is perfect for parties and get togethers as you can have it in small bite sizes instead the square size I show in the video.
Do try this recipe and let me know how you liked it and if you make this recipe or something like it what is it that you do differently that is worth trying. I always like to try recipes that capture my immagination even if they are not authentic or traditional.
This recipe though has been in the family for quite some time and there is only one way for you to know why and that is to try it.
If you're love Greek recipes there is more in this website just search for Greek Recipes and you'll be more than surprised. If there is a recipe you can't find or think it would be great then please suggest it either here or on Youtube.
1) Preheat oven at 375 degrees F
2) In a mixing bowl, add the spinach, browned ground beef, cream cheese, 4 eggs. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
3) Using a oven safe pan or pyrex, spray with vegetable oil or coat with the melted butter.
4) Use 2 sheets of Phyllo dough at a time, butter each layer with melted butter. Continue until 1st package of phyllo dough is finished.
5) Spread the spinach mixture evenly on the phyllo dough.
6) Continue using the second package of Phyllo dough, using the double layer method, and spread melted butter all over each layer as instructed above.
7) In a mixing bowl, crack 2 eggs and beat lightly, then pour in the milk and beat together well until combined.
8) Cut the phyllo dough into squares or whatever shape you prefer.
9) Pour the milk and egg mixture on top of the pie.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Or until top layer is golden brown and all the liquid has been absorbed.
Please share my videos on Facebook by liking it or embeding it in your facebook page. Thanks
If you liked this recipe you might also like:
Greek Stuffed Tomatoes I love it!
Greek Baked Pasta Recipe Pasticio
Fried Greek Cheese Saganaki Meze
- 1 1/2 pounds of Spinach (Liquid Squeezed out)
- 1 pound browned ground beef
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 package of Phyllo Dough
- melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk