Spinach Bacon and Egg Salad
Spinach Bacon & Egg Salad Recipe With crunchy bacon bits this Bermuda Salad is excellent. The dressing is fabulous a sure hit!
1) In a saucepan full of water, add the eggs and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, turn the heat off and let the eggs sit in the hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Once the water cools, peel and chop the eggs into small pieces.
2) In a heated skillet add the bacon and cook until crispy, crumble and set aside.
3) Using a food processor, blend until smooth the onion, oil, vinegar, sugar, dijon mustard, celery seed, pepper.
4) Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, the bacon, spinach, croutons, mushrooms and eggs, dressing (amount to your preference) and toss together.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 pounds spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 3 ounces croutons
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard