Stir Fry Shrimp with Spices
Stir Fry Shrimp With Spices
Fire up your wok and start cooking up this easy Stir fried shrimp with aromatic spice s. Add this recipe to your menu for a quick shrimp stir fry with Indian influenced herbs and spices. Vera step by step instructional video will guide you to put together this recipe in no time. Make it as spicy or mild as your prefer it. Serve it with rice and Naan bread or serve it on its own as an appetizer. It is also healthy and low fat.
1) Shrimp (Prawns) - Carefully peel and clean the shrimp, make a slit along the back and remove the dark vein of each piece. Rinse under cold water, and pat dry.
2) In a bowl add the garlic, chili powder, cardamom seeds, ginger, turmeric and mustard seeds. Mix together well.
3) Place the prawns into the spice mixture and coat well.
4) Add and melt the butter or ghee to a hot wok.
5) Stir fry the shrimp with all the spices for about 1 1/2 minutes or until it turns pink.
6) Pour in the coconut milk and cook for 4 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
7) Add chopped cilantro and cook for an additional minute.
7) Serve in a platter and sprinkle fresh cilantro to garnish. Perfect with Naan bread and white rice.
More Seafood Recipes coming soon!
- 1 pound raw prawns (Shrimp)
- 1 inch fresh root ginger, grated (1 Teaspoon)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 4 green cardamon pods, seeds only crushed
- 4 tbsp vegetable ghee or butter
- 4 oz coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp Cilantro Leaves to garnish
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste