Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Dolma
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe Dolma with Ground Beef - Armenian Middle Eastern Recipe with lots of garlic, ground beef, and herbs and spices all wrapped up in a cabbage leaf and cooked in a large sauce pot. Its a delicious recipe served with yogurt garlic dressing / sauce. If you have tried the rest, now try the best! This recipe is absolutely delicious! Mariette demonstrates in this video tutorial how to make this Cabbage Dolma Recipe! Rolled cabbage.
1) Blanching the Cabbage In a large pot place 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Peel each cabbage leaf individually and place several carefully into the boiling water and press down with spoon. Blanching should take about a minute per batch. Remove with a slotted spoon. Repeat with the rest of the cabbage.
2) Making the Stuffing: In a bowl, add the ground beef, parsley, mint, rice, paprika, allspice, black pepper, crushed garlic, tomato sauce, lemon juice, salt to taste. Mix together well.
3) Rolling the Cabbage: Take each cabbage segment and place about a tablespoon of stuffing and fold the two sides inward and roll from one end until reaching the other.
4) Cooking the stuffed Cabbage Rolls In a pot, place each roll with the end under so that doesn't unravel. For each layer sprinkle with a little salt and several clove of garlic. Until you finish with all the stuffing and cabbage. Pour water until it reaches the top of the dolmas(Cabbage Rolls).
5) Place a heat resistant plate or kitchen weight, cover the pot with its lid.
6) Cook on medium heat for 40 minutes. Check to see if the rice is cooked, and use a fork to see if the cabbage is very tender then the meal is done.
7) Allow to cool 5 minutes. Can be served with a yogurt garlic sauce.
Yogurt Garlic Sauce Recipe
- Cabbage - 1 Large Head - Blanched
- Ground Beef - 1 Pound
- Round Grain Rice - 1 Cup
- Parsley - 4 Tablespoon
- All Spice - 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1 Teaspoon
- Dry Mint - 1 Tablespoon
- Garlic - 2 Head whole Cloves
- Garlic - 3 to 4 Clove - Crushed
- Paprika - 1 Tablespoon
- Onion - 1 Count - Finely Chopped
- Tomato Sauce - 1 Can (15 Ounce)
- Lemon Juice - 2 Whole Lemon or Lime Juice