Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Dip
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe - Hummus With Sun Dried Tomatoes
This hummus with sun dried tomatoes mixed together with garbanzo beans (also known as chicpeas) give this dish a coral like color and a fantastic take to the original and popular hummus. This Middle Eastern dish which will typically be found on most all kitchen tables, served as a dip with pita chips (recipe available on site) or spread it as a base for a sandwich. A great vegetarian/vegan addition, and light and healthy. Make it spicy with a little cayenne pepper, or make keep it mild. However you choose to serve it, just remember that you and your guests will wonder why you didnt make more.
1) Start your food processor, and down the chute drop in the garlic, this will cut up the garlic.
2) Add garbanzo beans (chickpeas) rinsed and drained, water, sun dried tomatoes, season with salt and black pepper. Process the ingredients until smooth.
3) With a spatula or spoon, take the hummus and place it into a serving dish.
4) Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil on top and two or three whole sun dried tomatoes to garnish in the center of the dish.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 tablespoon oil packed sun dried tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup water