Sweet Toasted Bread with Ricotta Cream Dessert Layale Libnan
Layale Libnan - Toasted bread with Ishta cream sweetened and flavored with Rose Water and Orange Blossom Water. Delicious and simple dessert and a sure crowd pleaser. A Middle Eastern Dessert, served cold and can be considered a pastry or layered cake. Desserts like this are truly memorable. This recipe is a keeper. No Baking involved. Topped with a simple syrup.
1) Toast each white bread in the toaster
2) In a pyrex dish, dip each bread in the sugar syrup and place the bread one layer in the dish.
3) In a medium sauce pot add the Ishta ( recipe available on the site ) and the two tablespoons of ricotta cheese. Cook on medium heat strring constantly.
4) In a small mixing bowl add the rose water and orange blossom water, the corn starch and a little water enough to mix together the corn starch. Mix together well.
5) Once the ricotta and ishta mixture comes to a bubble pour the corn starch mixture and continue mixing until together until starts to get thick.
6) Pour the mixture ontop of the toast in the pyrex dish and spread evenly.
7) Depending on the size of the pyrex another layer can be made or kept at one layer.
8) Sprinkle the crushed pistachios ontop and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 or more hours.
- 15 count, toasted white bread
- sugar syrup (A6ar)
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 teaspoon rose water (Ma2 ward)
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water (Ma2 zaher)
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 small can of regular ishta (Recipe On Site)