Thai Noodle Salad With Shrimp
Thai Noodle Salad With Shrimp made with Mung Beans Noodles (Also known as Glass Noodles, Bean Thread Noodles, Jelly Noodles or Cellophane Noodles). Thai Noodle Salad With Shrimp is the perfect way to introduce you to Thai food. It is easy to make and has a mouth watering look, smell and taste.
When I first tried this recipe I got hooked on it was so easy to make and tasted so good. Prepare the noodles as shown in the video Cellophane Or Mung Beans Noodles and you're ready to put together this amazing Thai Noodle Salad with Shrimp. Enjoy!
1. Prep the Cellophane Noodles as directed
2. Boil some hot water. In a bowl with a colander add the sugar snaps and bean sprouts into the colander and pour the boiling hot water on top. Then take the colander and dip the it into another bowl filled with cold water (preferrably with ice cubes)
Blanching the Vegetables:
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Place the Sugar Snaps and Bean Sprouts in a colander, pour the hot water over it then remove the colander and place it into an ice water bath. (another pot or mixing bowl filled with water and ice) This method will retain the crunchiness of the vegetables as well as keep the vibrant fresh color.
1. In a mixing bowl, add the grated ginger, garlic, cilantro, fish sauce, vegetable oil, sugar, chopped red chilli, sliced green onions, lime juice, toasted sesame oil.
2. Mix together and set to the side.
Putting the salad together:
1. In a large bowl, add the cellophane noodles, sugar snaps, Beab Sprouts, shredded carrots, cooked shrimp, soy sauce.
2. Pour the dressing over all the ingredients, and toss together.
3. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or serve immediately.
You might also like Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Sugar Snaps handful
- Bean Sprouts handful
- Hot Water
- Grated Fresh Ginger (1 Inch)
- Garlic - 2 cloves - crushed
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 red chilli or chilli of choice- finely chopped
- 3 green onions - thinly sliced
- half a lime - juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 package of cellophane noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound small cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce