Tropical Macaroons Recipe
Tropical Macaroons Recipe is simple and easy recipe that can be whipped together in no time at all. The tropical flavor can be adjusted to your specific preference. Either using dried crystalized ginger, papaya or mango, and shake it up with your preference of nuts, from macadamia nuts, walnuts, or almonds. Or if you have none of these in your pantry and only have sunflower seeds, that would work as well. Make it your own by changing it your liking. This tropical macaroons recipe is full of coconuts and your favorite additions and will definitely be a hit at any get together. Takes under 50 minutes to make from start to finish, and makes about 24 macaroons. Enjoy this Tropical Macaroons recipe and keep it in your recipe box.
1. Preheat oven to 325º
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. Add the egg whites into a large mixing bowl, and mix together with an electric mixer until foamy.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar at a time, beating 2 to 4 minutes until stiff peaks form and the sugar is dissolved.
5. Gently fold in the coconut, macadamia nuts, ginger and dried fruit.
6. Drop the mixture using a tablespoon onto the cookie sheet, keeping the shape of each round and about 2 inches apart.
7. Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 18 minutes or until the macaroons are set and lightly browned.
8. Remove from th oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
9. Place the Macaroons onto a cooling rack and serve.
Tips: If you are not a fan of crystalized ginger, you can also add 1/2 cup of chopped dried papaya or mango instead.
Tips: Any nut of choice can be substitutted for the macadamia nuts.
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup finely chopped tropical trio dried fruit
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts, lightly toasted or nut of choice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger