Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry
Stir Fried Tofu - Vegetable Tofu Stir Fry Recipe
Speaking about healthy, this is a wonderful light and delicious stir fry recipe. Completely Vegan/Vegetarian, but also wonderful in flavor for everyone. Stir Fried Tofu, can be made in advance and refrigerated, and when ready to make your meal, just toss in all the vegetables. It is as easy as that. Also using just a minimal amount of soy sauce, to reduce the amount of sodium you intake, I recommend low sodium soy sauce to make this recipe. The vegetables are lightly cooked and crisp and perfect in this stir fry recipe. Very colorful and filling entre' which has a lot of nutritional value, and to top it off, it simply tastes great!
1) On medium high heat place a large skillet and heat up the oil, toss in the onion and ginger, cook for 2 minutes then add the garlic and red chilli flakes (optional) and cook for an additional one minute.
2) Add the tofu with soy sauce and cook for 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove just the tofu onto a plate and reserve for later
3) Saute the mushrooms in the onion mixture for about 5 minutes.
4) Add the vegetables, broccoli, celery, carrots and peas, cook until tender about 5 minutes.
5) Once the vegetables are tender, add the Tofu back to the skillet and heat thoroughly, which should take about 1 to 2 minutes max.
6) Ready to serve with some rice or noodles.
NOTE: Add some of your favorite nuts in the 1st part of cooking this recipe, for instance peanuts, to add a wonderful nutty flavor.
- 1 14 ounce package if soft tofu, cut into half inch pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 inches fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups celery, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce