Vegetarian Fried Aubergine - Eggplant
Vegetarian Fried Aubergine Recipe
Indian Inspired, easy fried aubergine / eggplant. Using gram flour with a mix of variety spice. Also this recipe can be used with other vegetable, like potato and zucchini. This is completely a vegetarian / vegan recipe and tastes great!
If you are having a party or a gathering with friends and family this would be a great addition and will be a favorite at your dinner table. Serve this recipe as an appetizer, snack with a slice of bread.
1) In a mixing bowl add the gram flour(Garbanzo powder), semolina, cumin seeds, cayenne pepper, fennel seeds, garlic powder, black mustard seeds, and salt to taste.
2) Wash and clean the Aubergine (eggplant) Cut both ends off, cut in half and slice in half inch thick into half moons.
3) Rinse once and drain water, but do not pat dry. The Aubergine should have a little moisture on it.
4) Place the gram flour mixture onto a flat plate, and take each slice of Aubergine and coat it well with the mixture.
5) Heat some oil in a frying pan and place each Aubergine slice in the hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
5) Remove with a slotted utensil and place on a plate with a kitchen paper towel to drain any excess oil.
6) And Serve! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Gram Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Semolina Powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil