Warm Goat Cheese Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin Cheese Dip - Hot Cheese Dip - Goat Cheese Dip Recipe
A sure hit at your next gathering or party. This Pumkin Cheese Dip will be a great addition on your appetizer table. Serve this Hot Cheese Dip with Bagel chips, breadsticks, toasted breads and baquettes. Sourdough and french breads would be a great option as well. If you do not have goat cheese, cream cheese can be a substitute. However goat cheese has a completely different flavor than cream cheese. Or perhaps use half of each. This goat cheese dip recipe is great for any time of the year, but how special it would be if it was served on thanksgiving, keeping the theme of the holiday. Even at a halloween or Christmas party. Hope you give the pumpkin cheese dip recipe a try and do come back and leave us a comment below on your outcome. Enjoy!
1) Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees F
2) Using a skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of canola oil, and add the leaks and saute for 5 minutes. The cooking time may vary, therefore cook until tender.
3) Turn the heat off, and add the fresh thyme and salt and mix together.
4) In a large mixing bowl, add the thick greek yogurt, goat cheese, canned pumpkin, eggs, and mix together either with a spatula or a hand mixer.
5) Mix in the leek mixture into the cheese and yogurt mixture and then transfer into an oven safe dish.
6) Place the baking dish in the center of the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
7) Serve warm.
- 1 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4 cup (3 ounce)goat cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste