Warm Kalamata Olives Appetizer
Olive Appetizer - Warm Olives Recipe Kalamata Rosemary Orange & Fennel
For this recipe purchase already pitted kalamata olives for faster prep time. This Olive Appetizer will definitely dazzle all who give it a try. It is a Mediterranean Warm Olives Recipe is a great addition to your party appetizer table, for formal or casual dining, or simply if you want to spruce up the olives.
1) In a non stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2) Add to the heated skillet the orange rind, fennel seeds, and rosemary. (if you were to use the crushed red peppers, this is when you would also add that ingredient)
3) Mix together well and cook for apporiximately 3 minutes.
4) Add the olives and cook until olives are warm, about 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Turn heat off, and remove the skillet from the heat. Add the 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and toss together.
6) Place the olive mixture into a baking dish and cover with foil and let stand for an hour.
7) Preheat oven to 275 degrees F and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until heated. Stir as needed.
Please leave a comment below.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3/4 pound kalamata olives, pitted (or any olive of your choice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red peppers (optional)