Whole Grains Lentil Soup Recipe - How To Cook Lentil Soup Recipes
Whole Grains Lentil Soup Recipe - How To Cook Lentil Soup Recipes. Looking for a Healthy Soup? Try whole grain Lentils Soup - Here is a great addition to your menu. Brown / green lentil soup is healthy, easy and quick recipe to make. Tasty and a family favorite. Has been a part of our family menu for over 40 years. Mariette's tutorial on cooking this hot soup with lots of onion, mint, spice, sprinkle of salt to taste. If you are watching your weight to lose some pounds, then simply omit the pasta shells, and reduce the amount of oil used to fry the onions. The taste will still be amazing. Perfect to warm you up on a cold winters night, or anytime of year. Also this soup is cost effective and easy on the food budget. Perfect for vegetarian or vegan recipe.
You will need: stock pot, utensil, frying pan
1) Place onions in frying pan with a little olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes until its translucent. Add the dry mint and mix together on high heat for just 1 minute.
2) In a stock pot, add the lentil and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes.
3) After the 15 minutes, add the pasta, and the rest of the water(4 Cups).
4) Add the mixture of onion and mint into the stock pot and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
5) And serve. Enjoy!
*NOTE - On a diet? Then reduce the pasta or omit it completely.
- 1 1/2 cup Brown or Green Lentil
- 2 Large Onion - Finely chopped
- 1/2 or less Olive Oil (Adjust to preference)
- 10 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoon Dry Mint
- Red chili flakes (Optional)
- 1/2 cup uncooked pasta / noodles of choice