Zaatar Manaeesh Bread Recipe Mediterranean Pizza
Zaatar Manaeesh Bread Recipe - Baked in the oven this Zaatar Bread Recipe is a perfect for a quick bite, or served as a mezze / Appetizer. Its a Lebanese Pizza called Manaeesh Baking these are simply delicious! Its like nothing you have had before.
How to make the dough:
1) In a large bowl, add the warm water and yeast and wait for 10 minutes or until it has foamed
2) Then add the sugar, oil, salt, milk and mix together well.
3) One cup at a time add the flour and mix the dough until well incorporated.
4) Once the dough starts to hold together place it on a lightly floured clean surface and start kneading the dough.
5) Continue to add sprinkles of flour until the dough is shiny and smooth.
6) Lightly Oil a bowl and place the dough in it then cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel for 1 hour or until the dough has doubled.
7) Seperate the dough into 14 to 18 pieces, make them into a round shape and place them on a baking sheet and set aside for 20 minutes to rest.
8) Take a round dough and place it on a lightly floured surface and with a rolling pin roll it out to a shape that looks like a pita. Round Circle. Place the dough on a baking sheet about 1 each apart.
9) Prepare the topping, in a small mixing bowl, add the zaatar and olive oil mix together.
10) Preheat oven at 350 degrees F
11) Spread the Zaatar paste on the dough about 1 tablespoon on each.
12) Bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm, or can also be eaten at room temperature.
*NOTE - These are perfect to freeze for upto 3 months, when ready to serve simply pop them in the oven for few minutes.
*NOTE - Zaatar can be found at most Mediterranean Markets. If you cant find it, there is a recipe available on the site as well.
- 4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 Cups of warm water
- 1 Cup warm milk
- 1 Teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Teaspoon Yeast
- 1/4 Cup Olive oil
- Olive oil to coat the bowl
|Zaatar Recipe Seasoning Mix||Sprinkle it on potatoes, use it as a dip for bread!|