Zucchini Frittata Recipe
Zucchini Frittata Recipe for the health conscious. If you're looking for a healthy recipe for zucchini then you're in the right place. There are lots of recipes we grow up with and love to eat but it is not necessarily healthy for us. Unless you're Italian you probably didn't grow up eating Zucchini Frittata and neither did I.
Kitchen tested Zucchini Frittata is a recipe to give a try.
Instructions: Preheat oven at 400 degrees F
1) In a large saute pan, heat up the olive oil and saute the onion and red bell peppers until the onion is soft.
2) Once the onion is soft, tranfer the mixture into an 8 x 9 oven safe dish. (The oven safe dish should be sprayed with non stick oil)
3) With the remaining oil, add the zucchini, and saute until golden brown. Move the mixture on to the onion mixture and season with salt.
4) Saute the garlic and add to the zucchini and onion mixture. Mix all the vegetables gently together.
5) In a mixing bowl, crack the 6 eggs and whisk together, then pour in the milk and mix together until well incorporated. Add the parsley to the eggs and mix (optional)
6) Pour the egg mixture onto the vegetables and spread evenly.
7) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or cheese of choice.
8) Sun Dried tomatoes cut into small pieces spread all over the top of the Frittata.
9) Bake for 20 minutes, until the fritatta is set.
- 3 to 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium size Italian zucchini, thinly sliced rounds
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper To Taste
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoon Parsley, chopped (optional
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- sun dried tomatoes (optional)